Friday, July 21, 2006

More Musings

Wow, I forgot to mention my plumber showed up! I was starting to think I might need to fire him and bring in the back-up plumber. But he mentioned in one of his phone msgs about coming on Tues. and lo and behold, there he was.

Of course, after our meeting I felt reassured. Oh yeah, there was a reason why I choose him over the others....he'd installed a wall-mounted toilet before :-). But seriously, he comes across as quite knowledgeable, but mainly, he likes to talk, share his expertise and teach. I think that's the common trait amongst my subs. They are all very patient explaining things to a neophyte and willing to fill in my information gaps. For example, the plumber talked about the different methods of building a waterproof shower pan, the most common being hot mop and membrane. But he added, if you really wanted to go all out, you could put in a copper shower pan, something he'd rarely seen.

Can you imagine the surprise I got 2 days later when the demo crew ripped out a COPPER SHOWER PAN out of our guest bath!!!!
Ohhhh, so is that the reason the house cost a mint?

No comments: