Met with the cabinetmaker for 2 1/2 hours Monday morning. Crazy, optimistic me - I thought we would get thru all the cabinet designs during that time. We barely made it thru the kitchen. That still leaves the laundry room, entertainement wall unit, window seat, Master BA storage cab, Kids' BA vanity. I don't even want to think how many more hours are needed.
Tristan and I installed the bathroom fans over the weekend. Sounds easy, right? Well, we were struggling mightily with the first one, just trying to screw in the screws. We started with a screwdriver. That was getting us nowhere fast. Then we unlocked the tool box and used one of the framing crew's power screwdrivers. Still having problems driving the screw in. We blamed it on the old, hardened wood. Then Clint, the electrician, showed up. He climbs up the ladder and single-handedly drives the screw in while also holding up the fan. Whereas, Tristan and I had to have one person hold the fan, while the other one tried in vain to drive in the screw. Clint said "Hope you guys weren't at it too long."
But I saw a couple of tricks Clint used like using this sleeve on the bit to hold the screw in place when first drilling it in. Voila!! Tristan and I pounded out the other two in no time at all. We even installed one of them sideways in the skylight shaft.
After giving us some pointers on the bathroom fans, Clint went back to his electrical work and installed the new subpanel:
as well as several of the recessed cans:
He could also start to run some of the wires now that the roof was on: