Sunday, February 25, 2007

Master BA Tile Design

One by one, we're making our way thru the bathrooms.
Today it's the Master BA.
Here's the inspiration photo from the gorgeous Meredith - Irongate Tile website:


And here's our bathroom to date:

The Iron Gate tile was out of our price range, so I substituted with the closest tiles I could find from Daltile. They were the Rittenhouse 3x6, the Permatones 2x2 hex mosaic, and from the Matte line, 4x4 for the floor border and 6x6 for the wainscot cap. I used two kinds of black liners. The floor uses a flat top liner and the wainscot base has a round top liner for some added dimension.

I'm using the same Duravit Happy D sink that we're using in the Guest BA, except we have a little more room in the Master BA, so this version has enough room for a deck mounted faucet (Kingston Brass Metropolitan, similar to one shown on sink).

Toilet is Toto Promenade:

All the bathroom photos that I liked for the Master BA are green, but I tried some green paint boards in our BA and I dunno. The light coming into the BA is very green casted because of all the shrubs right around the BA window. Or maybe I'm just not looking at the right green paint colors!

No comments: