Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Week #13: 10/2 - 10/8

It didn't rain last night, but it looks like rain tomorrow.
Fortunately, our roof is sheathed and papered so we can sleep tonight.


We got on the roofer's schedule over two weeks ago; of course at the time, we had no idea that rain was on its way. It's actually kinda early in the year for rain. Anyways, around the neighborhood, you can see lots of contractors putting up tarps on roofless remodels.

But because we're now ready to shingle, I'm scrambling around trying to get everyone to put their holes thru the roof.. Things like vent stacks, fan ducts, dryer vents. I think Tristan and I may install the bathroom fans ourselves. I forgot to include them in the HVAC bid, and at this point I don't feel like a change order and having to pay extra for it.

I can't remember if I mentioned it earlier, but I've added a couple of skylights. One in the Master BR, another in the TV room and a third in the kitchen. The house got much darker after the roof sheathing went on!!! But everyone's been telling me things will feel brighter once the drywall gets installed. Sure hope so.

Speaking of drywall, once that gets installed (ages away), we can install cabinets. So I actually had the cabinetmaker come out and take measurements now that the major framing is complete. We won't need cabinets for awhile, but wanted to get that process started to give me plenty of time to design and then also manufacture.

No comments: